Go Mobile – The Time is Now
Tips for mobile website design:
- Keep It Quick – Mobile users are short on time.
- Simplify Navigation – Minimize scrolling and keep thing vertical only.
- Be Thumb Friendly – Fat fingers syndrome, make it easy for people to use their fingers to move around.
- Design for Visibility – Must be easy to read, especially in low light.
- Make it Accessible – Should work across all devices and handsets, flash does not work on all devices.
- Make it Easy to Convert – Make purchasing product easy and fast and phone numbers Tap-to-Call.
- Make it Seamless – Must convert most of your desktop site to your mobile site with same information.
- Use Mobile Site Re-directs – Use a re-direct to send smartphones to the mobile site and others to the desktop and back again.
- Make it Local – Have your address or store locator on the landing page. People like to shop local, think pizza and service stations.
- Learn and Listen – Use analytic’s to understand how people use your site, listen to their desires and wishes for a mobile site and update often.